October 19, 2018
2018 General Election & Voting Information
South Carolina’s next General Election will be held November 6, 2018. As a result, the November Town Council meeting has been moved to November 13 at 2 p.m.
Go to www.SCVOTES.org to get your sample ballot including all your choices.
Kiawah residents (District 9) can vote in person from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the Municipal Center (4475 Betsy Kerrison Parkway). Photo ID is required.
All eligible voters have the opportunity to vote with an absentee ballot in the November 6 General Election and in the December 4 Municipal Election. Absentee voting can be done in person or by mail.
Vote in person at the Charleston County Board of Elections and Voter Registration office located at 4367 Headquarters Road North Charleston, SC 29405. Voting hours are from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. In person absentee voting closes at 5:00 pm on the Monday prior to the election. Photo ID is required
Voters must complete an absentee voting application. Once the application is submitted your ballot will be mailed. Voters can request an absentee ballot application the following ways:
- Visit www.scvotes.org and fill out an absentee application online
- Request a ballot from the Charleston County Board of Elections and Voter Registration office by calling (843)744-8683 or submit written request to email@example.com
Common criteria for absentee voting are:
- Persons sixty-five years of age or older
- Persons who plan to be on vacation outside their county of residence on Election Day
- Persons who are physically disabled
- Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
- Overseas Citizens (click here for additional information)
- Persons who for reasons of employment will not be able to vote on election day
- Government employees serving outside their county of residence on Election Day and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Persons serving as a juror in state or federal court on Election Day
- Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on Election Day or within a four-day period before the election
- Persons with a death or funeral in the family within three days before the election
For additional information on voting contact the Board of Elections and Voter Registration office by calling (843)744-8683 or by visiting www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/bevr/voting.php