August 06, 2020
Amended Emergency Ordinance 2020-03.1
On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 Town Council approved amended Emergency Ordinance 2020-03.1 which adopts the restrictions Governor McMaster enacted in his latest Executive Order.
Amended Ordinance 2020-03.1 will expire on August 27, 2020, unless modified or rescinded earlier. A summary of additions is provided below.
All restaurants and other establishments that possess a state permit to sell alcohol must comply with the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-45 and Executive Order 2020-50 which enact the following mandatory restrictions:
- The sale or consumption of beer, wine, or alcoholic liquor is prohibited between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. (sale for off-premises consumption is not covered by this restriction);
- Operating dine-in services at no more than 50% of their occupancy limit;
- Employees and patrons must wear masks or face coverings; and tables must be spaced to keep diners at least six feet apart;
- No more than eight customers per table unless from the same family; and
- Standing or congregating in bar areas is prohibited.
Other types of businesses, facilities, venues, events or mass gatherings are permitted to open but are required to implement AccelerateSC guidelines which include:
- Attendance may not exceed 50% of their occupancy limit – or 250 persons – whichever is less;
- Require wearing face coverings as a condition of admission or participation;
- Enact social distancing, cleaning and hygiene practices recommended by AccelerateSC; and
- End the sale of alcohol at 11:00 p.m.
The Emergency Ordinance can be read in its entirety, here.