The Town of Kiawah Island Town Administrative Department is lead by the Town Administrator, who coordinates the work of department heads and other employees to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of services to the community. By building public/private partnerships, the Administrator targets all of the community’s resources to solve current problems. The Town Administrator’s primary responsibility is to keep our community running smoothly. To be successful, complex local government operations require strong political leadership, policy development, a relentless focus on execution and results, a commitment to transparent and ethical government, and a strategy for representing and engaging every segment of the community.
The Town Administrator:
- Works with elected officials as they develop policies. The Administrator may discuss problems and recommendations, propose new plans, or discuss issues that affect the community and its residents.
- Ensures that laws and policies approved by elected officials are equitably enforced throughout the Town.
- Develops and recommendations new programs for consideration by Town Council
- Works with the Treasurer to prepare the annual budget, submits it to elected officials for approval and implements it once approved.
- Supervises Senior Staff and other employees.
- Ensures customer service efficiency and effectiveness.
The Town Administrator leads our team with assistance from the Senior Staff and manages the day-to-day operations of the Town.
Stephanie Monroe Tillerson, Town Administrator
The Senior Staff members are responsible for providing leadership and direction to the various Town departments.
Stephanie Braswell, Communications Manager
Development Services Department
Bruce Spicher, Building Official
Dorota Szubert, Treasurer
Public Works Department
Brian Gottshalk, Public Works Manager
Jim Jordan, Biologist