August 26, 2019
Draft of Short Term Rental Ordinance Revisions
At the October 1 Town Council meeting, Council will consider changes to the current ordinance that regulates the operation of short-term rentals. The proposed ordinance and link to the current ordinance are available below. This draft of the revised ordinance is a proposal and cannot be final until the Council discusses and votes on it a second time at the November Town Council meeting. This allows time for Council to take into consideration any changes or issues that arise before first and/or second reading, including input they receive from the public.
Residents and property owners have three ways to provide input:
- Write an email or letter which will be sent to Town Council members and included in the public record at the October meeting. Comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call and speak with the Town Administrator, Stephanie Tillerson at 843-768-5103.
- Attend the Town Council meetings on October 1 and November 5 at 2:00 p.m. and provide comments to Town Council.
If you have questions about any provision in the ordinance, please call or email Stephanie Tillerson, Town Administrator, at 843-768-5103 or email@example.com.
Review the Town’s frequently asked questions document, here. If you would like to discuss the ordinance, please email Mayor Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org or Councilmember Chris Widuch at email@example.com.
- Draft of Revised Short Term Rental Ordinance
- Zoning Map of Short Term Rentals R-1& R-2 zones are single-family homes and R-3 zones are multifamily homes (villas).
- Current Short Term Rental Ordinance