September 25, 2019
Amended Draft of the Short Term Rental Ordinance
At the October 1 meeting, Town Council approved the first reading to the revised ordinance that regulates the operation of short term rentals. Council directed staff to review options for the proposed application fees and the definition of destination clubs for their consideration prior to the second reading at the November Town Council meeting. The video of the October Town Council meeting is available here.
At the October 1 Town Council meeting, Council will consider changes to the current ordinance that regulates the operation of short-term rentals. The proposed ordinance and link to the current ordinance are available below. This draft of the revised ordinance is a proposal and cannot be final until the Council discusses and votes on it a second time at the November Town Council meeting. This allows time for Council to take into consideration any changes or issues that arise before first and/or second reading, including input they receive from the public.
Residents and property owners have three ways to provide input:
- Write an email or letter which will be sent to Town Council members and included in the public record at the October meeting. Comments can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Call and speak with the Town Administrator, Stephanie Tillerson at 843-768-5103.
- Attend the Town Council meetings on October 1 and November 5 at 2:00 p.m. and provide comments to Town Council.
If you have questions about any provision in the ordinance, please call or email Stephanie Tillerson, Town Administrator, at 843-768-5103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review the Town’s frequently asked questions document, here If you would like to discuss the ordinance, please email Mayor Craig Weaver at email@example.com or Mayor Pro Tem Chris Widuch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Amended Draft – Short Term Rental Ordinance
- Summary of changes between drafts
- Zoning Map of Short Term Rentals R-1& R-2 zones are single-family homes and R-3 zones are multifamily homes (villas).
- Current Short Term Rental Ordinance