October 27, 2020
General Election Voting
The general election is Tuesday, November 3, 2020. It will include voting for president and vice-president, 1/3 of the Senate, and all of the House of Representatives. State and local races are also on the ballot. (Does not include TOKI municipal election, which is on December 1.)
Early Absentee Voting
Charleston County has opened four satellite voting locations (listed below) for in-person absentee voting. Every voter is qualified to vote absentee in the November General Election.
Voting hours are from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The locations will also be open Saturday, October 31 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. In-person absentee voting closes at 5:00 pm on the Monday prior to an election. You do not need to complete an application prior to arrival.
- North Charleston Coliseum (Box Office Entrance) 5000 Coliseum Drive, North Charleston 29418
- Seacoast Church – Mount Pleasant 750 Long Point Rd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
- Seacoast Church – West Ashley 2049 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC 29407
- Main Library – Downtown 68 Calhoun St, Charleston, SC 29401
Each location offers in-person voting, curbside voting (for those age 65 years or older, or persons who are physically disabled), and paper ballot drop-off. Ballot drop-off will be located at or near the curbside voting.
Absentee Voting by Mail
- Live chat with a Board of Elections representative and request to vote absentee.
- Complete the online application here.
- Call (843)744-8683.
- Submit written request to email@example.com.
For more information visit www.scvotes.org or Charleston County Board of Elections & Voter Registration.
Voting on November 3
Voting on Tuesday, November 3 will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at The Sandcastle.
To vote in-person at The Sandcastle, you must be registered to vote in the state of South Carolina, and have valid, state-issued identification. Visit www.scvotes.org for more information. Masks are required.