September 13, 2022
Ground-breaking For The New Sea Islands Medical Pavilion
On Thursday, September 8, 2022, Mayor Labriola, along with Mayor John Gregg, Kiawah Partners and representatives of the Medical University of South Carolina, broke ground on the Sea Islands Medical Pavilion, a new state-of-the-art emergency and specialty services facility near the entrance of Bohicket Marina.
The Sea Islands Medical Pavilion is scheduled to open in late 2023 or early 2024, providing faster, safer, and more convenient access to the most advanced care available in the state.
What to look forward to:
- 24/7 access to highly trained board-certified emergency physicians.
- Shorter wait time than traditional emergency departments.
- State-of-the-art imaging and other technologies.
- Emergency airlift services, if needed.
- Enhanced access to MUSC Health’s Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- Enhanced access to its dedicated, accredited Chest Pain Center.
- Convenient access to primary care, select specialty care and physical therapy.
- A new MUSC Health concierge medicine program.