May 12, 2020
Harris Teeter Freshfields Operations
Harris Teeter at Freshfields has resumed regular hours of operation (daily 6 a.m.-11 p.m.) but have made these changes to the store in response to COVID-19:
- Senior hours will continue on Monday and Thursday from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Patrons are asked to comply, however company policy is that they do not turn anyone away.
- Employee temperatures will be taken daily at the start of their shift.
- A staff member will serve as a counter at the entrance and exit to keep track of how many people are in the store and restrict occupancy to their maximum occupancy (78).
- Aisles will be one way, and directional markers will be displayed.
- Social distancing signage will be posted throughout the store, and six-foot distance markers will be on the floor at checkout.
- Plastic shields will be at the checkouts and floral shop.
- Masks will be worn by employees, unless excused due to a doctor provided an excuse, as to why they are unable to wear a mask.
- A cart sanitizing staff member will be posted at the entrance to wipe/clean cart handles.
Please note: Gloves are only required if handling ready to eat merchandise.