August 04, 2021
New Town Mobile App Launched
The Town of Kiawah Island is excited to announce its new iOS mobile app as a part of our ongoing development of expanded services and communication efforts. This new asset is designed to be a helpful resource for residents and visitors and provides convenient access to community information, services, and reporting capabilities from mobile devices.
The Town of Kiawah Island app is available now for iOS and iPadOS operating systems. Download it for free on your mobile device from the App Store by searching Town of Kiawah Island.
Exciting features include:
- Detailed beach map with GPS includes boardwalk access, critical habitat areas, and overlays of the dog leash zones with tap-to-view descriptions of each zone.
- A consolidated contact list of important community phone numbers with tap-to-communicate ability allows users to call directly from the app.
- Report an issue portal that routes entered requests to the appropriate Town department or responsible entity for resolution, even if it’s not a Town service. Users can pin their location, enter addresses manually, send an image, and provide other data.
- Hospitality directory of lodging, dining, recreation, and shopping options, including tap-to-communicate features that allow users to call the business, use GPS for directions, or visit listing websites.
- Quick access to the Town’s wildlife directory that provides detailed species information on Kiawah wildlife, viewing spots, and research projects.
- Tide and weather information
- Rules and regulations information
- News – quick access to the latest Town news
- Events – view upcoming Arts & Cultural Events and access ticketing
The app is only available in the iOS version at this time, but the Town looks forward to introducing the Android version later this year.
The Town appreciates your feedback on the functionality and the quality of the app experience. Residents and app users can send feedback to the Town’s Communications Manager, Stephanie Braswell, at email@example.com.
See the full announcement here