May 22, 2020
Reminders for the Weekend – Beach Ordinances and Regulations
Weekend Reminders for the Beach
As we head into the Memorial Day weekend, please be mindful of the public safety guidelines and Town ordinances that are in place for your safety. Ordinances apply to property owners and visitors and anyone found in violation could be ticketed.
- Gatherings of more than 10 are prohibited and will be asked to split up.
- Practice social distancing remaining 6 ft. from others.
- Stay off the dunes and use public walkovers.
- No glass, metal shovels, plastic carryout bags, plastic straws, Styrofoam, balloons or drones allowed.
- Fill in holes dug in the sand before you leave the beach.
- No overnight storage of beach equipment.
- May through October – all outdoor lighting visible from the beachfront should be turned off from 9 p.m. to dawn to protect nesting sea turtles.
- Never approach sea turtles, hatchlings, or nests.
- March 16 through October 31, dogs must be on a leash at all times even in the water from the western boundary of the Critical Habitat Area (near Beachwalker County Park) to the eastern boundary of the Beach Club. View map
If you see violations in progress, please report them immediately to Beach Patrol so they can take the appropriate corrective action. Call or text Beach Patrol at 843-518-2880.
Town ordinances are enforced by Beach Patrol (843-518-2880) and Code Enforcement officers (24-hour hotline 843-259-2137) who are authorized to ticket and fine offenders. Off-beach ordinance violations can also be reported to the 24-hour hotline at 843-259-2137 or online.