September 18, 2018
Town of Kiawah Island – Seeking a Communications Specialist
The Town of Kiawah Island, South Carolina is seeking a Communications Specialist to assist the Communication Manager in delivering the Town’s communication strategy and supporting the Arts and Cultural program. This role provides administrative support to the Town’s Arts and Cultural Events Council and the Communications Manager. This position reports to the Communication Manager.
The essential duties and responsibilities performed by this person will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Create marketing material and design concepts for Arts Council & Cultural Events Council and Town related events (e.g., flyers, tickets, brochures, publicity material)
- Provides promotional support through email marketing for the Arts & Cultural Events Council and Town related events
- Supports the operational aspects of arts events and ensure all deadlines are met (e.g., maintaining event calendars, timelines, proposals, contracts, banquet event orders, and accommodation arrangements)
- Create content for the website. Update web pages as necessary, keep timely and current content.
- Assist and help manage content on the Town’s social media pages
- Coordinating committee meetings, conference room reservations, and quarterly art guild display.
- Proofing and document review (grammar, spelling, etc.)
- Any other responsibilities as directed by the Communication Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a closely related field
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Graphic design skills, layout skills, creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, and deadline-oriented
- Excellent communication, writing, and client service skills are a must
- Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Constant Contact and social media platforms
- Ability to take quality photos and photo editing (using Photoshop) for marketing material
- Ability to work occasional evening events (3-5 per year)
- Have an interest in exploring new design trends and technology
- Possess graphic design samples or portfolio
Planning and Organizing:
- Ability to manage deadlines, timetables, multi-tasking, and multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks unsupervised
- Capable of maintaining quality while working under pressure and adhering to deadlines
- This position requires effective communications (both orally and written) in dealing with both external and internal audiences and development of regulatory knowledge unique to this office. The ideal applicant is a strong writer, tech-savvy, is positive and self-motivated, and can work well under pressure and in an ever-changing environment.
Salary: Salary range $40,240 – $60,400 depending on qualifications + Benefits
How to apply: Applications are available here or at the Kiawah Island Municipal Center at 4475 Beachwalker Drive, Kiawah Island, SC 29455
Applicants should forward their application, resume and samples of previous work or portfolio to Stephanie Braswell Edgerton, Communications Manager at email@example.com. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Tuesday, October 2 (EBD)
EOE Disclaimer Town of Kiawah Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.