March 13, 2019
Town of Kiawah Island Seeking a Public Works Manager
General Statement of Duties
As a tourist destination, how the Town looks is critical to our mission. The Public Works Department plays a key role in ensuring this mission is maintained. Under limited supervision, coordinates activities to assure that contractual agreements are carried out according to specifications, schedules, and budgets. Work involves Town facility and fleet management; directing and managing landscaping; waste management and other third-party vendors; significant role in emergency preparedness; project manager for public works related projects; and prepare and maintain departmental budget and monitor expenditures, and perform related duties as required. Reports to the Town Administrator.
Essential Job Functions
Note: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The list of essential functions below does not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent in this position.
• Plans, organizes, coordinates, and evaluates programs, plans, services, equipment and infrastructure of the Public Works department, within Town policy; evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; allocate resources accordingly.
• Evaluates public works and facilities needs and formulates short and long-range plans (fiscal and operational) to meet needs in all areas of responsibility, including street, drainage, building maintenance, and fleet management.
• Procures design professional / vendor and construction trades; identifies project method for completion; reviews existing contract; prepares the scope of work to be performed; evaluates proposals for compliance with the scope of work; recommends selection. Manage and oversee Third-Party Vendor operations.
• Oversee and participate in the operation and maintenance of the Town buildings and its grounds.
• Emergency Management duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Town Administrator.
- Work requires the exercise of considerable judgment and initiative;
- Skills in operating computers and office software;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a detailed and accurate manner;
- Must stay well-informed of current developments in the field by attending related classes, meetings and conferences;
Educational and Experience Qualifications
Graduate from a two-year or four-year college or university in any field or related area preferred. General working knowledge of construction and facilities operation.
Pay info: Salary range $67,600 – $84,500 annually (depending on qualifications) + benefits
How to apply: Applications are available here Forward resume and employment application to attn.: Stephanie Monroe Tillerson, Town Administrator at email@example.com or 4475 Betsy Kerrison Pkwy, Kiawah Island, SC 29455. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Deadline: Friday, March 29, 2019.
EOE Disclaimer Town of Kiawah Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer.