March 03, 2021
Updates from Town Council’s March Meeting
The following are announcements from the March 2 Town Council meeting.
Changes to Planning and Zoning Ordinance
Town Council approved the second and final reading of Ordinance 2021-01 to amend the Town’s Municipal Code Chapter 12-Land Use Planning and Zoning-Article 4 -Section 12-374 -Definitions establishing a new term, Base Building Height Elevation (BBHE), and revise the definition of the existing term Building Height.
Restrictions regarding COVID-19
Town Council passed the second and final reading of Ordinance 2021-03, which requires face coverings and other emergency restrictions to address COVID-19 that shall remain in place until December 31, 2021, or until the Governor allows the current State of Emergency to expire, whichever date comes first. The new Ordinance is available in its entirety here.
Contracts and Purchases
Town Council approved the following agreements, contracts, contract amendments, and purchases:
- The current franchise agreement with Island Beach Services, Inc. for one additional two-year contract commencing on April 1, 2021, and expiring on March 31, 2023
- A franchise agreement with the Night Heron Park Company for a five-year term commencing April 1, 2021, and expiring on March 31, 2026
- A contract with Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. to provide civil engineering planning services related to the Beachwalker Drive Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Action Plan in an amount not to exceed $16,500. The purpose of this study will analyze continuous bicycle paths, options for raised pedestrian crossings, and safety options between bicycles, pedestrians, and vehicular traffic.
- A proposal from LS3P for programming and conceptional design of a new recycling facility at the Municipal Center in an amount not to exceed $11,250.
- A proposal from SDCO Partners to consult on the Town’s brand standards in an amount not to exceed $13,652.
Rezoning | 4455 Betsy Kerrison Parkway
Town Council reviewed the survey results regarding the Sea Island Golf, LLC request to rezone 4455 Betsy Kerrison Parkway and viewed a presentation on the proposed rezoning.