July 01, 2020
Virtual Town Council Meeting Tuesday, July 7
The regular Town Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, July 7 at 2 p.m. will be held over video conference and live-streamed for the public on the Town’s YouTube channel. Meeting materials are available here: https://www.kiawahisland.org/meetings-minutes/town-council/
Watch the Meeting
To access the Town’s YouTube channel, do one of the following:
- Visit www.kiawahisland.org and click the YouTube icon at the bottom of the homepage.
- Visit www.youtube.com and search the Town of Kiawah.
Emergency Ordinance 2020-06 | Face Coverings
Emergency Ordinance 2020-06 is now in effect. The ordinance imposes for the next 30 days a requirement that face coverings be worn in certain public areas within the Town of Kiawah Island.
The entire ordinance is available here . The key provisions are:
- For businesses, clubs and association facilities, except restaurants:
- All persons, including employees must wear a face covering at all times including when entering or while waiting to enter.
- For restaurants, indoor and outdoor:
- All employees who directly interact with the public must wear a face covering; and
- All persons entering a restaurant, waiting to enter or to be seated, or waiting for take-out, are required to wear a face covering at all times except while seated for dining or beverage service.
There are certain exceptions for young children, persons with certain health issues that prevent the wearing of a face covering, and for persons in private offices.
Read Mayor Weaver’s full message regarding the ordinance here.
Solid Waste Calendar Correction – Friday, July 3
Trash will be collected on Friday, July 3 for those who have twice-weekly service. Please have receptacles available by 7 a.m.
Municipal Center Update
Face Coverings Required
Face coverings are now required for the public to enter the Municipal Center. If you do not have a face covering, one will be provided to you.
Friday, July 3 – Independence Day